UMAi Dry® Dry-Aging Small 25x50cm bags (3 pcs) + VacMouse®
What's in the box?
- 3x UMAi Dry® Roast (Small) size: 10x20inch / 25x50cm
- 5x UMAi VacMouse® adapter strips for use with a vacuum sealer
Do you love dry-aged steak in restaurants and want to make it at home?
Now you can, in your own cool cats, without odor and mess.
The unique UMAi Dry® breathable membrane creates a perfect dry aging environment for the ultimate steak.
With UMAi Dry® you can ripen whole pieces of meat in your own fridge for 28 to 45 days, after which you can let friends and family taste the most tender, tasty steak you have ever made.
- Small : Suitable for boneless roast or 2 or 3 bone-in rib roast. Good for about 3.5-5.4kg of meat.
- Medium : Suitable for strip loin, boneless ribeye, sirloin, Scotch fillet (UK / Aust). Good for about 5.4-7.3kg of meat.
- Large : Suitable for eg short loin, bone-in ribeye, sirloin or brisket. Good for about 7.2-9kg of meat.
When buying meat, pay attention to the marbling, you really need good marbled meat otherwise the result will be tough and dry. Try to buy the best quality meat from Black Angus cattle, Dutch MRIJ cattle, Irish cattle or Wagyu cattle. Look at the outside and make sure that it is damaged and cut as little as possible. Also leave any bones in the meat. Bacteria are on the outside of the meat and you really don't want to get them at the core of your super steak! Suitable cuts of meat include: c´te de boeuf, T-bean steak, steak, sirloin steak and rib-eye.
Because the UMAi Dry® bags are more of a membrane than vacuum bags, the contact between the bag and the meat is more important than a perfect vacuum. A guideline of 75-80% contact between moist meat and membrane is best to adhere to for safe, consistent results. During the first week, the necessary connection between product and bag will be established.
These are the original UMAi products. Do not buy counterfeits that run the risk of unsafe situations or ruining your beautiful piece of meat!
Some tips when using these bags:
- The temperature of the refrigerator is best set low (4 degrees Celsius or lower).
- You should avoid ice deposits in the refrigerator
- The bag must be able to breathe on all sides. The use of a grid, such as from the microwave, is recommended. We will soon also come with specially selected schedules for this.
- The refrigerator must be opened regularly (normal use only) so that the moist air can escape from the refrigerator.
No reviews found